Holidays and Observances
2022 Daily Holidays that fall on April 14, include:
- Air Force Reserve Birthday
- Children with Alopecia Day
- Dictionary Day
- Dreams of Reason Feast Day
- Holy Thursday - April 14, 2022
- International Moment of Laughter Day
- Look up at the Sky Day
- Maundy Thursday - April 14, 2022 (Day before Good Friday - Takes place during Holy Week)
- National Dolphin Day
- National Ex-Spouse Day
- National Gardening Day
- National Pecan Day
- National Perfume Day
- Pan American Day
- Pathologists Assistant Day
- Reach as High as You Can Day
- Support Teen Literature Day - April 14, 2022 (Thursday of Library Week)
- Vaisakhi - April 14, 2022 (Sikh Holy Day in India)
2022 Weekly Holidays that include April 14, are:
- Holy Week - April 10-16, 2022 (Begins on Palm Sunday and Ends on Holy Saturday)
- Lent - Begins on Ash Wednesday - March 2 - April 14, 2022
- Make Mine Chocolate - (Campaign kicks off annually on Feb 15, and ends on Easter which is April 17, 2022)
- Money Smart Week - April 9-16, 2022
- National Animal Control Appreciation Week - April 10-16, 2022 (Second Full Week in April)
- National Animal Control Officer Appreciation Week - April 10-16, 2022 (Second Full Week in April)
- National Dog Bite Prevention Week - April 10-16, 2022 (Second Full Week in April)
- National Green Week - February 6 - April 30, 2022 (Start First Full Week in February to April 30)
- National Oral, Head, and Neck Cancer Awareness Week - April 10-16, 2022
- National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week - April 10-16, 2022 (Second Full Week of April)
- National Student Employment Week - April 10-16, 2022 (Second Full Week of April)
- Oral, Head and Neck Cancer Awareness Week - April 10-16, 2022
- Orthodox Lent - March 7 - April 23, 2022
- Pan American Week - April 10-16, 2022 (Week that includes April 14th)
- Passiontide - April 3-16, 2022 (The Last Two Weeks of Lent - Passion Week and Holy Week)
- Ramadan - Evening of April 2, 2022 - Evening of May 2, 2022
- World Irish Dancing Week - April 10-17, 2022
2022 Monthly Holidays that include April 14, are:
There are too many monthly holidays to include here, so please check out our April Holidays page to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the entire month of April.
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I'll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
Today is National Dolphin Day - Check out the rest of our Animal Holidays!
World Festivals and Events
- National Cherry Blossom Festival - March 20 - April 17, 2022
The Astrological Sign for April 14 is Aries.
Birth Flower of the Month
The Birth Flower(s) for the Month for April are:
- Daisy - signifies innocence, loyal love, and purity
- Sweet Pea - signify blissful pleasure, but are also used to say good-bye.
The Birthstone(s) for April is the diamond, a symbol of enduring love.
- 1857 - Princess Beatrice of the United Kingdom (d. 1944)
- 1932 - Loretta Lynn, American Country singer/songwriter
- 1936 - Bobby Nichols, American golfer
- 1936 - Frank Serpico, American police officer (1973 film Serpico with Al Pacino was made to tell his story about being a whistle blower of Police corruption)
- 1941 - Julie Christie, British actress (Dr. Zhivago, Shampoo)
- 1949 - John Shea, America actor and director
- 1966 - David Justice, American baseball player and sportscaster
- 1973 - Adrien Brody, American actor and producer
- 1977 - Sarah Michelle Gellar, American actress and producer (All My Children, Buffy)
- 1759 - George Frideric Handel, German/English composer and organist (b. 1685)
- 1983 - Pete Farndon, English bass player (The Pretenders) (b. 1952)
- 2007 - Don Ho, American singer and ukulele player (b. 1930)
Famous Weddings and Divorces
- 1976 - Carl Bernstein, Washington Post Reporter weds Nora Ephron, writer and director
- 2012 - Dave Haywood, singer of Lady Antebellum, weds Kelli Cashiola, executive at Warner Bros. Records
Quote of the Day
Recipe of the Day or a
Healthy Diet Habit Tip of the Day
The Month of April is National Food Month. Our Food Tip for April 14th is to purchase REAL FOODS! What are REAL FOODS?
Real foods are ones that are not highly processed, contain no refined ingredients, and do not come in a box or bag. They look like meals that your grandparents would have eaten!
Find out more about REAL FOODS, from Kerry at Healthy Diet Habits.
This Day in History
- 70 - During the Siege of Jerusalem, Titus, the son of emperor Vespasian surrounds the capital with four Roman legions
- 1434 - In Nantes, France, the foundation stone of Cathedral St. Peter and St. Paul is laid
- 1775 - The Society for the Relief of Free Negroes Unlawfully Held in Bondage is the first abolition society that is organized in the US in Philadelphia
- 1792 - The French Revolutionary War is started when France declares war on Austria
- 1818 - US Medical Corp is formed
- 1828 - The First American Dictionary, by Noah Webster is copyrighted
- 1836 - US Congress forms the Territory of Wisconsin
- 1860 - The first Pony Express rider reaches San Francisco, CA
- 1865 - US President Abraham Lincoln is shot by John Wilkes Booth in the Ford Theatre, and he died on April 15th.
- 1912 - RMS Titanic hits an iceberg off Newfoundland at 11:40pm and sinks the morning of April 15th (See the Iceberg Collesion scence below)
- 1920 - 219 people are killed by tornadoes in Alabama and Mississippi
- 1939 - American author John Steinbeck, publishes The Grapes of Wrath
- 1941 - 3600 Jews are rounded up in Paris, France by the Germans
- 1971 - Fort Point, San Francisco is dedicated as a National Historic site
- 1978 - Korean Air Lines Boeing 707 crashes in Russia after it is fired upon by the Soviets
- 1986 - The heaviest hailstones every recorded of 2.2 lbs fall in Bangladesh, and kill 92
- 1994 - US F-15 accidentally shoots 2 US helicopters down over Iraq and 26 die
- 1999 - A hailstorm strikes Sydney, Australia and is the most costly natural disaster in Australian History
- 2010 - 6.9 earthquake hits Yushu, Qinghai, China and kills close to 2,700
- 2014 - Boko Harma kidnaps two hundred seventy six schoolgirls in Chibok, Nigeria
This Day in Music
- 1979 - The Doobie Brothers single, "What a Fool Believes" hits #1 on the US charts
- 1990 - Madonna's single Vogue hits #1 in the UK - also in the US (shown below)
- 2009 - George Harrison, of the Beatles receives a posthumous star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, in Los Angeles, CA
This Day in Sports
- 1910 - President Taft starts the tradition of throwing out ball on opening day
- 1964 - Sandy Koufax throws his 9th complete game without allowing a walk
- 1968 - The first NBA game is played at Madison Square Garden
- 1974 - Gary Player shoots a 278 and wins the 38th Golf Masters Championship
Word of the Day from Wiktionary
1. A word occurring only once in a given corpus.
Wishing You a Great Day Today!
Solo Build It, or SBI, is the awesome E-Business software that we are using for this site!
Like this Page?
Like this Site?