Holidays and Observances
2017 Daily Holidays that fall on April 16, include:
- Day of the Mushroom
- Easter Sunday - April 16, 2017 (movable Date)
- Emancipation Day
- Foursquare Day
- National Eggs Benedict Day
- National Healthcare Decisions Day
- National Librarian Day
- Orthodox Easter - April 16, 2017 (movable date)
- Plum Pudding Day - April 16, 2017
- Save the Elephant Day
2017 Weekly Holidays that include April 16, are:
- American Fancy Rat & Mouse Day - April 14-16, 2017
- Animal Cruelty / Human Violence Awareness Week - April 16-22, 2017 (Third Week in April)
- International Wildlife Film Week - April 15-22, 2017
- Jewish Heritage Week - Evening of April 10, 2017 to the Evening of April 18, 2017 Movable Week observed during Passover
- Make Mine Chocolate - (Campaign kicks off annually on Feb 15, and ends on Easter which is April 16, 2017)
- National Coin Week - April 16-22, 2017 (Fourth Week of April)
- National Infants Immunization Week - April 16-22, 2017 (Fourth Week of April)
- National Karaoke Week - April 16-22, 2017 (Fourth Week of April)
- National Osteopathic Medicine Week - April 16-22, 2017
- National Paperboard Packaging Week - April 16-22, 2017
- National Park Week - April 15-22, 2017
- National Pet ID Week - April 16-22, 2017 (Third Week of April)
- National Robotics Week - April 8-16, 2017
- National Tattoo Week - April 12-19, 2017
- National Toddler Immunization Week - April 16-22, 2017
- Passover (also known as Pesach) - Evening of April 10, 2017 to the Evening of April 18, 2017 (movable date)
2017 Monthly Holidays that include April 16, are:
There are too many monthly holidays to include here, so please check out our April Holidays page to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the entire month of April.
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I'll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
World Festivals and Events
- Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival - Weekend One = April 14-16, 2017 and Weekend Two April 21-23, 2017 in Indio, California
The Astrological Sign for April 16 is Aries.
Birth Flower of the Month
The Birth Flower(s) for the Month for April are:
- Daisy - signifies innocence, loyal love, and purity
- Sweet Pea - signify blissful pleasure, but are also used to say good-bye.
The Birthstone(s) for April is the diamond, a symbol of enduring love.
- 1867 - Wilbur Wright, American pilot, inventor, engineer and along with his brother Orville Wright, founded the Wright Company and built the world's first successful airplane (d. 1912)
- 1889 - Charlie Chaplin, English actor, comedian, director, producer, screenwriter and composer, co-founded United Artists (d. 1977)
- 1935 - Bobby Vinton, American singer and actor (Roses are Red, Blue on Blue)
- 1939 - Dusty Springfield, English singer and producer (d. 1999)
- 1947 - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, NBA American basketball player (Milwaukee Bucks and Los Angeles Lakers), and coach
- 1949 - Ann Romney, American author and wife of Mitt Romney, former First Lady of Massachusetts
- 1963 - Jimmy Osmond, American singer and actor (The Osmonds)
- 1965 - Jon Cryer, American actor (Two and a Half Men), director, producer, and screenwriter
- 1965 - Martin Lawrence, American actor, director, screenwriter, and producer
- 1971 - Selena, American singer and songwriter (d. 1995)
- 2008 - Princess Eleonore of Belgium
- 1958 - Rosalind Franklin, English biophysicist, who contributed to the discovery of the DNA Structure (b. 1920)
- 2002 - Ruth Fertel, American businesswoman who founded Ruth's Chris Steak House (b. 1927)
- 2010 - Daryl Gates, American police officer who created the D.A.R.E. Program (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) (b. 1926)
Famous Weddings and Divorces
- 1994 - Harry Connick Jr., singer and actor, weds Jill Goodare, model
- 1996 - Judy Collins, singer, marries Louis Nelson, industrial designer
- 2016 - Shawn Johnson, American Olympic gymnast marries NFL player Andrew East
Quote of the Day
I don't know why....but I thought this was pretty hysterical when I first saw it!
Recipe of the Day or a
Healthy Diet Habit Tip of the Day
If the research is correct that sugar is tied to insulin resistance, diabetes, high blood pressure, metabolic syndrome, and cancer, it might be a great idea to limit sugar in your kids' Easter baskets!
Substitute in some healthy foods, or treats that are not food like a fun family day trip, crafts, stuffed animals, small toys or games. Let's make some new traditions that are not centered on sugar! We have been played long enough by the sugar industry!
Find out more info. about sugar and whether it is toxic, from Kerry of Healthy Diet Habits.
This Day in History
This Day in Music
text about video
This Day in Sports
Word of the Day from Wiktionary
Heir Apparent (noun)
1. (usually monarchy) Someone who will definitely inherit, assuming he survives the one from whom he is inheriting.
Wishing You a Great Day Today!
SBI, or Solo Build It, is the awesome E-Business software that we are using for this site!