Holidays and Observances
2021 Daily Holidays that fall on February 23, include:
- Curling is Cool Day
- Diesel Engine Day
- International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day
- National Banana Bread Day
- National Dog Biscuit Day
- National Rationalization Day
- National Tile Day
- Pinocchio Day
- Play Tennis Day
- Spay Day USA - February 23, 2021 (Last Tuesday in February)
- Tootsie Roll Day
- World Spay Day - February 23, 2021 (Last Tuesday in February)
- World Understanding and Peace Day
2021 Weekly Holidays that include February 23, are:
- America Saves Week - February 22-27, 2021 (6 Days Starting on the Last Monday in February)
- Bird Health Awareness Week - February 21-27, 2021 (Last Full Week of February)
- Build a Better Trade Show Image Week - February 21-27, 2021 (Third Full Week in February)
- Fairtrade Fortnight - February 22 - March 7, 2021
- International Petroleum Week - February 23-25, 2021
- Lent - February 17 - March 29, 2021
- Make Mine Chocolate - (Campaign kicks off annually on Feb 15, and ends on Easter which is April 4, 2021)
- Museum Advocacy Days - February 22-23, 2021 (Last Mon/Tues in February)
- National Eating Disorders Awareness Week - February 21-27, 2021
- National Engineer's Week - February 21-27, 2021 (Third Full Week in February)
- National Green Week - February 7 - April 30, 2021
- National Invasive Species Awareness Week - February 22-26, 2021
- National Justice for Animals Week - February 21-27, 2021
- Through with the Chew (Chewing Tobacco) - February 21-27, 2021 (Third Full Week in February)
2021 Monthly Holidays that include February 23, are:
There are too many monthly holidays to include here, so please check out our February Holidays page to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the entire month of February.
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I'll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
The Astrological Sign for February 23 is Pisces.
Birth Flower of the Month
The Birth Flower(s) for the Month for February are:
- Violet - symbolizes faithfulness, loyalty, humility, wisdom, and hope
- Primrose - Modesty, distinction, and virtue
The Birthstone for February is Amethyst.
- 1940 – Peter Fonda, American actor (Easy Rider)
- 1965 – Michael Dell, Founder and CEO of Dell, Inc.
- 1994 – Dakota Fanning, American actress
- 1848 – John Quincy Adams, 6th President of the United States from 1825-1829 dies of a stroke (b. 1767)
- 1995 – James Herriot, Veterinary Surgeon and English writer of All Creatures Great and Small (b. 1916)
Quote of the Day
Above is a James Herriot quote. He was a beloved veterinary surgeon who wrote humorous books about being a country vet.
Recipe of the Day or a
Healthy Diet Habit Tip of the Day
The Holidays and Observances Recipe of the Day for February 23, is Healthy Banana Bread from Kerry, at Healthy Diet Habits, in honor of February 23 being
National Banana Bread Day.
This Day in History
- 1822 - Boston is incorporated as a city
- 1836 – The Battle of the Alamo begins in San Antonio, Texas where the entire garrison was all eventually killed
- 1870 - Mississippi is readmitted to US
- 1883 – Alabama becomes the first U.S. state to enact an antitrust law
- 1886 - The London Times publishes the world's 1st classified ad
- 1896 – The Tootsie Roll is invented by Leo Hirshfield
- 1904 - US acquired control of the Panama Canal Zone for $10 million
- 1905 - Rotary Club International formed by 4 men in Chicago
- 1915 - Nevada enforces easy divorce law
- 1940 - Walt Disney's animated movie "Pinocchio," released
- 1942 – Japanese submarines fire artillery shells at the California coastline near Santa Barbara
- 1945 - US Marines raise flag on Iwo Jima, famous photo & statue
- 1967 - 25th amendment (presidential succession) declared ratified
- 1987 – Supernova 1987a is seen in the Large Magellanic Cloud
- 1974 - Patty Hearst, daughter of publisher Randolph Hearst, kidnapped by SLA
- 1997 – In Roslin, Scotland, scientists announce that an adult sheep named Dolly has been successfully cloned.
This Day in Music
- 1970 - The Doors' Morrison Hotel is certified gold
- 1993 - Little Richard receives a Lifetime Achievement Grammy award
- 2003 - Norah Jones wins all five Grammy Awards she is nominated for, including Record Of The Year and Song Of The Year for Don't Know Why.
- 2003 - Simon & Garfunkel receive a Lifetime Achievement Grammy award, and sing together for the first time in ten years.
This Day in Sports
- 1938 - Joe Louis KOs Nathan Mann in 3 for heavyweight boxing title
- 1968 - Wilt Chamberlain becomes 1st NBAer to score 25,000 points
- 1980 - 13th Winter Olympic games close at Lake Placid, New York
- 1980 - Eric Heiden wins all 5 speed skating golds at Lake Placid Olympics
- 1992 - 16th Winter Olympic games closes in Albertville, France
Word of the Day from Wiktionary
1. (geology) The study of the origin, composition and structure of rock
Wishing You a Great Day Today!
Solo Build It, or SBI, is the awesome E-Business software that we are using for this site!
Like this Page?
Like this Site?