Holidays and Observances
2017 Daily Holidays that fall on April 18, include:
- Adult Autism Day
- Animal Crackers Birthday
- International Amateur Radio Day
- International Day for Monuments and Sites
- International Juggler's Day
- Last Day of Passover - April 18, 2017 (movable date)
- National Columnists Day
- National Golf Day
- National Lineman Appreciation Day
- National Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day
- Pet Owners Independence Day
- Tax Day
2017 Weekly Holidays that include April 18, are:
- Animal Cruelty / Human Violence Awareness Week - April 16-22, 2017 (Third Week in April)
- Cleaning for a Reason Week - April 18-24
- Consumer Awareness Week - April 18-23
- International Wildlife Film Week - April 15-22, 2017
- Jewish Heritage Week - Evening of April 10, 2017 to the Evening of April 18, 2017 Movable Week observed during Passover
- National Coin Week - April 16-22, 2017 (Fourth Week of April)
- National Egg Salad Week - April 17-23, 2017 (Movable Week observed the week after Easter)
- National Infants Immunization Week - April 16-22, 2017 (Fourth Week of April)
- National Karaoke Week - April 16-22, 2017 (Fourth Week of April)
- National Organ / Tissue Donor Awareness Week - April 17-23, 2017 (Last Week of April)
- National Osteopathic Medicine Week - April 16-22, 2017
- National Paperboard Packaging Week - April 16-22, 2017
- National Park Week - April 15-22, 2017
- National Pet ID Week - April 16-22, 2017 (Third Week of April)
- National Tattoo Week - April 12-19, 2017
- National Toddler Immunization Week - April 16-22, 2017
- Passover (also known as Pesach) - Evening of April 10, 2017 to the Evening of April 18, 2017 (movable date)
- Police Officers Who Gave Their Lives in the Line of Duty Week - April 18-23
- Safe Kids Week - April 17-22, 2017
2016 Monthly Holidays that include April 18, are:
There are too many monthly holidays to include here, so please check out our April Holidays page to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the entire month of April.
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I'll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
The Astrological Sign for April 18 is Aries.
Birth Flower of the Month
The Birth Flower(s) for the Month for April are:
- Daisy - signifies innocence, loyal love, and purity
- Sweet Pea - signify blissful pleasure, but are also used to say good-bye.
The Birthstone(s) for April is the diamond, a symbol of enduring love.
- 1947 - James Woods, American actor and producer (Against All Odds)
- 1956 - Eric Roberts, American actor
- 1963 - Eric McCormack, Canadian-American actor and producer (Will & Grace)
- 1963 - Conan O'Brien - TV host (Late Night)
- 1967 - Maria Bello, American actress and singer (Coyote Ugly, Touch)
- 1976 - Melissa Joan Hart, American actress (Sabrina, Melissa & Joey)
- 1904 - Sumner Paine, American target shooter who competed in the 1896 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece. (b. 1868)
- 1955 - Albert Einstein, German-American physicist (b. 1879)
- 2012 - Dick Clark, American TV Host and producer, who founded Dick Clark Productions (American Bandstand and Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve) (b. 1929)
Famous Weddings and Divorces
- 1951 - Charles M. Schulz, cartoonist, weds Joyce Halverson
- 1956 - Gracy Kelly marries Prince Rainier III of Monaco in a civil ceremony
Quote of the Day
Charles Schulz, married on this day in 1951. He was an American cartoonist, best known for the comic strip Peanuts.
Recipe of the Day or a
Healthy Diet Habit Tip of the Day
The Holidays and Observances Healthy Diet Habits Recipe/Food Tip of the Day for April 18, is to try to add new fruits and vegetables to your diet.
So....find out some Pomelo tips - what they are, when you can buy them, and watch a video on how to cut them!
This Day in History
- 1797 - France and Austria sign a cease fire
- 1831 - The University of Alabama is founded
- 1868 - San Francisco Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is formed
- 1881 - Billy the Kid escapes from the Lincoln Country jail in Mesilla, New Mexico
- 1902 - Denmark is the 1st country to adopt finger printing to identify criminals
- 1906 - An 8.25 earthquake and fire kill nearly 4,000 and destroy 75% of San Francisco, CA
- 1924 - Simon & Schuster publish the first crossword puzzle book
- 1925 - The World's Fair opens in Chicago
- 1945 - Over 1,000 bombers attack the small island of Heligoland, Germany
- 1955 - The 1st Walk/Don't Walk lighted street signals are installed
- 1977 - Alex Haley, the author of "Roots", is awarded a Pulitzer Prize
- 1978 - The US Senate votes to turn Panama Canal over to Panama, on Dec 31, 1999
- 1983 - The US embassy in Beirut, Lebanon is attacked by a suicide bomber, who kills 63 people
- 1994 - Former President Richard Nixon suffers a stroke and dies 4 days later
- 2013 - A cafe bombing in Baghdad, Iraq kills 27, and injures 65
This Day in Music
- 1975 - John Lennon release 'Stand By Me'
- 1980 - Pink Floyd's, 'Another Brick in the Wall (part II)' hits #1 in the US
- 1987 - Aretha Franklin's duet with George Michael, 'I Knew You Were Waiting for Me' hits #1
- 1992 - Annie Lennox has her debut solo album 'Diva' hit #1 on the UK album chart
- 2003 - Etta James receives a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- 2009 - The Black Eyed Peas single, 'Boom Boom Pow' hits #1 in the US and stays on top for 12 week
- 2009 - Keith Urban's fifth studio album 'Defying Gravity', hits #1 on the US album chart
Keith Urban's single 'Kiss A Girl' was one of his singles from his Defying Gravity Album.
This Day in Sports
- 1923 - 74,000 people are on hand for the opening of Yankee Stadium
- 1981 - The longest professional baseball game in suspended at 4:00am, the next morning and completed on June 23rd, in Pawtucket, Rhode Island
- 1982 - The Atlanta Braves win their record 11th straight opening game
- 1995 - Quarterback Joe Montana announces his retirement from football
Word of the Day from Wiktionary
1. A dungeon only accessible by a trapdoor at the top.
Wishing You a Great Day Today!
SBI, or Solo Build It, is the awesome E-Business software that we are using for this site!