Holidays and Observances
2017 Daily Holidays that fall on April 27, include:
- Babe Ruth Day
- Free Feral Cat Spay Day
- Mantanzas Mule Day
- Morse Code Day
- National Prime Rib Day
- Poem in Your Pocket Day - April 27, 2017 (Last Thursday in April)
- Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day - April 27, 2017 (Fourth Thursday in April)
- Tell a Story Day
- Woody Woodpecker Day
2017 Weekly Holidays that include April 27, are:
- Administrative Professional's Week - April 23-29, 2017 (Last Week of April)
- Air Quality Awareness Week - April 23-29, 2017
- American Quilters Society Week - April 26-29, 2017
- Bed Bug Awareness Week - April 23-29, 2017
- Christian Education Week - April 24-30, 2017
- Every Kid Healthy Week - April 24-28, 2017
- Fibroid Awareness Week - April 23-29, 2017 (Fourth Week in April)
- Holocaust Remembrance Week - April 23-30, 2017 (Starts the Sunday before Yom HaShoah, Holocaust Remembrance Day, and continues through the following Sunday)
- Medical Laboratory Professionals Week - April 23-29, 2017 (Third Full Week of April)
- Money Smart Week - April 22-29, 2017
- National Dance Week - April 23-29, 2017
- National Environmental Education Week - April 23-29, 2017
- National Infertility Awareness Week - April 23-29, 2017
- National Medical Laboratory Professionals Week - April 23-29, 2017 (Last Full Week of April)
- National Occupational Health Nursing Week - April 24-30
- National Playground Safety Week - April 24-28, 2017
- National Princess Week - April 23-29, 2017 (Last Full Week of April)
- National Volunteer Week - April 23-29, 2017 (Last Week of April)
- Preservation Week - April 23-29, 2017
- Sky Awareness Week - April 23-29, 2017 (Last Full Week in April)
- Spring Astronomy Week - April 23-29, 2017 (Week that has Spring Astronomy Day in it)
- UN Global Road Safety Week - April 23-29
- Week of the Young Child - April 24-28, 2017
- World Immunization Week - April 24-30
2017 Monthly Holidays that include April 27, are:
There are too many monthly holidays to include here, so please check out our April Holidays page to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the entire month of April.
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I'll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
The Astrological Sign for April 27 is Taurus.
Birth Flower of the Month
The Birth Flower(s) for the Month for April are:
- Daisy - signifies innocence, loyal love, and purity
- Sweet Pea - signify blissful pleasure, but are also used to say good-bye.
The Birthstone(s) for April is the diamond, a symbol of enduring love.
- 1822 - Ulysses S. Grant, American General and politician who became the 18th President of the United States from 1869-1877 (d. 1885)
- 1922 - Jack Klugman, American actor (The Odd Couple) (d. 2012)
- 1926 - Tim LaHaye, American minister, speaker, and author (Left Behind series)
- 1927 - Coretta Scott King, American activist, author, and wife of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- 1959 - Sheena Easton, Scottish-American singer, songwriter, actress
- 1521 - Ferdinand Magellan - Portuguese explorer (b. 1480)
- 1882 - Ralph Waldo Emerson - American poet and philosopher (b. 1803)
- 2002 - Ruth Handler - American inventor who created the Barbie doll (b. 1916)
Famous Weddings and Divorces
- 1981 - Beatle Ringo Starr, marries Barbara Bach, actress
- 1996 - Lorenzo Lamas, actor (Falcon Crest, Renegade) married Shauna Sand
- 1996 - Nadia Comaneci, Romanian gymnast and three time Olympic gold medalist marries Bart Conner, gymnast champion
- 2013 - Michael Jordan, basketball player marries Yvette Prieto, model
Quote of the Day
Recipe of the Day or a
Healthy Diet Habit Tip of the Day
Information to come shortly!
This Day in History
- 1865 - The New York State Senate creates Cornell University as the state's land grant institution
- 1865 - The steamboat Sultana explodes and sinks in the Mississipp River, killing 1,800 of its 2,400 passengers
- 1967 - Expo 67 opens in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- 1974 - A march in Washington, D.C. with ten thousand marchers calls for the impeachment of U.S. President Richard Nixon over the watergate scandal
- 1992 - The Federal Republic of Yogoslavia, comprising Serbia and Montenegro is proclaimed
- 1992 - In it's 700 year history, the first woman elected Speaker of the British House of Commons is Betty Boothroyd
- 2006 - Construction begins on One World Trade Center in New York City. It was originally name the Freedom Tower
- 2011 - Two hundred five tornadoes touch down on April 27 in the Southeastern U.S. in Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, and Tennessee. More than 300 people are killed and hundreds more injured
This Day in Music
- 1749 - George Frideric Handel's Firstworks Music is first performed in Green Park, London.
- 1810 - Beethoven composes his piano piece, Fur Elist
- 1964 - In His Own Write by John Lennon is published in the U.S.
- 1979 - Love Comes to Everyone by George Harrison is released
Beethovan's Fur Elise arranged and orchestrated by Georgii Cherkin
This Day in Sports
- 1993 - On their way to Senegal to play a 1994 FIFA World Cup qualifying match the entire Zambia national football team are killed during a plane crash
- 1947 - Babe Ruth Day is celebrated for the first time at Yankee Stadium and throughout the United States
- 1956 - Heavyweight boxing champion Rocky Marciano retires undefeated
- 1983 - Nolan Ryan passes Walter Johnson with the most strikeouts of 3,509
Word of the Day from Wiktionary
1. A poet or bard who is divinely inspired.
Wishing You a Great Day Today!
Solo Build It, or Solo Build It, is the awesome E-Business software that we are using for this site!