Holidays and Observances
2018 Daily Holidays that fall on April 30, include:
- Bugs Bunny Day
- Confederate Memorial Day - April 30, 2018 (Mississippi)
- Dia De Los Ninos / Dia De Los Libros Day
- Honesty Day
- International Jazz Day
- National Adopt a Shelter Pet Day
- National Animal Advocacy Day
- National Military Brats Day
- National Raisin Day
- Spank Out Day
- Walpurgis Night
2018 Weekly Holidays that include April 30, are:
- Air Quality Awareness Week - April 30 - May 4, 2018
- International Mariachi Week - April 25-30, 2018
- National Dance Week - April 23 - May 4, 2018
- National Scoop the Poop Week - April 24-30
- National Small Business Week - April 29 - May 5, 2018
- Screen-Free Week (Digital Detox Week) - April 30 - May 6, 2018
- World Dystonia Awareness Week - April 28 - May 5, 2018
2018 Monthly Holidays that include April 30, are:
There are too many monthly holidays to include here, so please check out our April Holidays page to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the entire month of April.
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I'll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
The Astrological Sign for April 30 is Taurus.
Birth Flower of the Month
The Birth Flower(s) for the Month for April are:
- Daisy - signifies innocence, loyal love, and purity
- Sweet Pea - signify blissful pleasure, but are also used to say good-bye.
The Birthstone(s) for April is the diamond, a symbol of enduring love.
- 1926 - Cloris Leachman, American actress and comedian (The Mary Tyler Moore Show)
- 1938 - Gary Collins, American actor and talk show host (d. 2012)
- 1944 - Jill Clayburgh, American actress (An Unmarried Woman) (d. 2010)
- 1985 - Gal Gadot, Israeli actress and model (Fast and Furious movies, Wonder Woman)
- 1986 - Robert Stevenson, English director, producer and screenwriter (Mary Poppins) (b. 1905)
- 1994 - Richard Scarry, American author and illustrator of over 300 books (b. 1919)
Famous Weddings and Divorces
- 1937 - General Douglas MacArthur marries Jean Faircloth
- 1988 - Tom Hanks, actor marries Rita Wilson
- 1994 - Pele, soccer player maries Assiria Seixas Lemos, psychologist
- 2008 - Mariah Carey, singer, marries Nick Cannon, actor and rapper
Quote of the Day
Recipe of the Day or a
Healthy Diet Habit Tip of the Day
Info. to come shortly!
This Day in History
- 1789 - George Washington takes the oath of office as the first elected President of the United States
- 1803 - France sells the Louisiana Territory to the U.S. for $15 million
- 1812 - The Territory of Orleans becomes the 18th US state under the name of Louisiana
- 1900 - Hawaii becomes a territory of the United States
- 1907 - Honolulu, Hawaii becomes an independent city
- 1945 - Soviet soldiers during World War II liberate Stalag Luft I prisoner-of-war camp near Barth, Germany, freeing 9000 American and British airmen
- 1961 - K-19 is the first Soviet nuclear submarine commissioned
- 1975 - The Vietnam War formally ends
- 1980 - The Iranian Embassy siege begins in London
- 2009 - Chrysler files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
This Day in Music
- 1885 - The Boston Pops Orchestra forms
- 1962 - I Can't Stop Loving You is released by Ray Charles
- 1973 - Red Rose Speedway is released by Paul McCartney
- 1973 - Diamond Girl is released by Seals & Crofts
- 1976 - Silly Love Songs is released by Wings
- 1983 - Beat It by Michael Jackson hits #1 for the first of three weeks (below)
This Day in Sports
- 1961 - Willie Mayes of the San Francisco Giants hits 4 HRs in a game
- 1976 - Muhammad Ali wins the heavyweight boxing title in 15 against Jimmy Young
Word of the Day from Wiktionary
1. Having a lot of space inside; roomy.
Wishing You a Great Day Today!
Solo Build It, or SBI, is the awesome E-Business software that we are using for this site!