Holidays and Observances
2016 Daily Holidays that fall on July 19, include:
- Anne Hutchinson Memorial Day - July 19, 2015 (On a Sunday, either before or after her birthday on 7/20)
- Flitch Day
- National Daiquiri Day
2016 Weekly Holidays that include July 19, are:
- Captive Nations Week - July 17-23, 2016 (Third Week in July)
- Every Body Deserves a Massage Week - July 17-23, 2016 (Dates vary every year)
- National Independent Retailers Week - July 17-23, 2016 (Third Week in July)
- National Parenting Gifted Children Week - July 17-23, 2016
- National Zookeeper Week - July 17-23, 2016 (Third Week in July)
- Restless Leg Syndrome Education & Awareness Week - July 18-25
2016 Monthly Holidays that include July 19, are:
There are too many monthly holidays to include here, so please check out our July Holidays page to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the entire month of July.
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I'll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
World Festivals and Events
- Tour de France - Starts on July 2-24, 2016 -this is the world's most high profile bicycle race.
The Astrological Sign for July 19 is Cancer.
Birth Flower of the Month
The Birth Flower(s) for the Month of July are:
- Larkspur - Levity and lightness. Strong bonds of Love are represented by Larkspur.
The Birthstone(s) for July is:
- Rubies which are said to guarantee health, wisdom, wealth, and success in love
- 1814 - Samuel Colt, American inventor and businessman who founded the Colt's Manufacturing Company (Colt 6 shot revolver) (d. 1862)
- 1860 - Lizzie Borden, American woman who was acquitted of the murder of her parents
- 1876 - Joseph Fielding Smith, American religious leader who became the 10th president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (d. 1972)
- 1962 - Anthony Edwards, American actor and director (ER, Top Gun)
- 1824 - Agustin de Iturbide, Mexican army general, politician, and the 1st emperor of Mexico was executed by firing squad.
Famous Weddings and Divorces
- 1966 - Actor and singer, Frank Sinatra marries actress Mia Farrow
- 1971 - Singer Roger Daltrey of The Who marries model Heather Taylor
- 1986 - Caroline Kennedy marries Edwin Schlossberg
- 2003 - Actress Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey), marries singer Mark Wilkersonin
- 2014 - Singer Adam Levine (Maroon 5) marries Victoria Secret model Behati Prinsloo
Quote of the Day
Every Body Deserves a Massage Week runs from July 17-23, 2016! To find out more about the Benefits of Massage Therapy, please check out my daughter Brie's website!
Recipe of the Day or a
Healthy Diet Habit Tip of the Day
Info. coming soon!
This Day in History
- 484 - Leontius is crowned the Eastern emperor at Tarsus (modern Turkey
- 1545 - King Henry VIII's warship Mary Rose sinks off Portsmouth and 73 die. The wreck is salvaged in 1982.
- 1553 - After only nine days on the throne, Lady Jane Grey is replaced by Mary 1 of England as Queen of England
- 1843 - Brunel's steamship the SS Great Britain is launched as the first ocean-going craft with an iron hull and also becoming the largest vessel afloat in the world.
- 1848 - The 1st US women's rights convention is held in Seneca Falls, New York
- 1943 - 500 allied aircraft bomb Rome during World War II
- 1961 - TWA shows the 1st in-flight movie
- 1976 - Sagarmatha National Park in Nepal, India is created
- 1894 - Lynn Rippelmeyer becomes the 1st female to captain a 747 across the Atlantic Ocean
- 1985 - The Val di Stava Dam in Italy collapses and kills 268 people
- 1989 - United Airlines Flight 232 crashes in Sioux City, Iowa killing 112 of the 296 people on board
- 1990 - The Richard Nixon Library opens in Yorba Linda, CA
- 1993 - U.S. President Bill Clinton fires FBI Director William Sessions
- 2013 - 20 people are killed by a suicide bombing in Iraq
This Day in Music
- 1966 - The Monkees record the Theme from The Monkees
- 1975 - Listen to What The Man Said from Paul McCartney & Wings hits #1
- 1975 - Dance With Me from Orleans is released
- 1976 - The rock group Deep Purple disbands. They get back together after eight years
- 1976 - Rock N Roll Music from The Beatles is certified gold
- 1977 - Comedian Steve Martin appears on The Muppet Show and performs Dueling Banjos with the Muppets (video below)
- 1980 - David Bowie begins his run as The Elephant Man in Denver
- 1980 - It's Still Rock and Roll To Me from Billy Joel hits #1 and becomes his first gold record
- 1999 - A Little Bit of Mambo by Lou Bega is released
This Day in Sports
- 1903 - Maurice Garin wins the first Tour de France
- 1952 - The 1952 Summer Olympics opens in Helsinki, Finland
- 1973 - Willie Mays is named to the NL all star team for the 24th time
- 1980 - The 1980 Summer Olympics opens in Moscow, Russia. The U.S. and other countries boycott the games after Russia invades Afghanistan
- 1989 - Joe Carter of the Cleveland Indians has his 4th 3 HR game
- 1990 - Pete Rose of the Cincinnati Red's is sentenced to 5 months for tax evasion
- 1991 - Cal Ripken plays in his 1,500th consecutive game
- 1996 - Ireland beats Netherlands in the 1st European Championship Final
Word of the Day from Wiktionary
1. A container to hold or display religious relics.
Wishing You a Great Day Today!
SBI, or Site Build It, is the awesome E-Business software that we are using for this site!