Holidays and Observances
2022 Daily Holidays that fall on July 22, include:
- Casual Pi Day
- Fragile X Awareness Day
- Lion's Share Day
- Mango Day
- National Hammock Day
- National Penuche Fudge Day
- Rat Catcher's Day
- Spooners (Spoonerism) Day
- Summer Leisure Day
2022 Weekly Holidays that include July 22, are:
- Air Conditioning Appreciation Days - July 3 - August 15
- Captive Nations Week - July 17-23, 2022 (Third Week in July)
- Every Body Deserves a Massage Week - July 17-23, 2022 (Dates vary every year)
- Hemingway Look Alike Days - July 21-23, 2022
- International Lace Week - July 17-23, 2022
- National Baby Food Week - July 17-23, 2022 (Third Week of July)
- National Independent Retailers Week - July 17-23, 2022 (Third Week in July)
- National Triathlon Week - July 18-24, 2022 (7 Days Starting the Third Monday in July)
- National Zoo Keeper Week - July 17-23, 2022 (Third Week in July)
- Perseid Meteor Showers - July 17 - August 24, 2022
- Rabbit Week - July 15-21
- Restless Leg Syndrome Education & Awareness Week - July 18-25
- Sports Cliche Week - July 17-23, 2022
- World Body Painting Day - July 21-23, 2022
2022 Monthly Holidays that include July 22, are:
There are too many monthly holidays to include here, so please check out our July Holidays page to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the entire month of July.
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I'll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
World Festivals and Events
- Tour de France - July 1-24, 2022 - this is the world's most high profile bicycle race.
- Comic Con International - July 21-24, 2022
- World Police and Fire Games - This is a biennially event held every two years. Next event will be July 22-31, 2022 and held in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
The Astrological Sign for July 22 is Cancer.
Birth Flower of the Month
The Birth Flower(s) for the Month of July are:
- Larkspur - Levity and lightness. Strong bonds of Love are represented by Larkspur.
The Birthstone(s) for July is:
- Rubies which are said to guarantee health, wisdom, wealth, and success in love
- 1210 - Joan of England, Queen of Scotland (d. 1238)
- 1890 - Rose Kennedy, American philanthropist, matriarch of the Kennedy family (d. 1995)
- 1943 - Bobby Sherman, American singer, songwriter, and actor
- 1946 - Danny Glover, American actor, director, and producer (Lethal Weapon movies)
- 1947 - Don Henley, American singer, songwriter and member of the Eagles
- 2013 - Prince George of Cambridge
- 1461 - Charles VII of France (b. 1403)
- 1832 - Napoleon II, French emperor (b. 1811)
- 1864 - James B. McPherson, American General who served in the Union Army (b. 1828)
- 1869 - John A. Roebling, German-American engineer who designed the Brooklyn Bridge (b. 1806)
- 1915 - Sandford Fleming, Scottish-Canadian engineer and inventor who developed Standard time (b. 1827)
- 1934 - John Dillinger, American gangster (b. 1903)
Famous Weddings and Divorces
- 1972 - Businessman Richard Branson marries Kristen Tomassi
- 1982 - Reverend Sun Myung Moon marries 2,200 couples in New York City
- 2010 - Actress Robin Wright (Princess Bride, House of Cards) divorces actor Sean Penn
Quote of the Day
July 22nd is National Hammock Day!
Take a Deep Breath...
Exhale Happiness! ~ A.D. Posey
Recipe of the Day or a
Healthy Diet Habit Tip of the Day
Preparing fresh homemade baby food at home would be my recommendation over buying store bought baby foods. It’s fresh and fabulous and a healthy diet habit with many benefits!FrugalityHealthyEaseTasteChoiceBetter Transition to Real Food
The benefits of homemade baby food are:
Find out the details of each benefit, as well as tips on how to make healthy homemade baby food from Kerry's Healthy Diet Habits website!
National Baby Food Week - July 21-24, 2021
This Day in History
- 1686 - Albany, New York is formally chartered as a munipality by Governor Thomas Dongan
- 1793 - Alexander Mackenzie becomes the first recorded human to complete a transcontinental crossing of North America
- 1916 - A bomb explodes on Market Street in San Francisco during a parade, killing ten and injuring 40
- 1933 - Aviator Wiley Post completes the first solo flight around the world in seven days, 18 hours, and 49 minutes
- 1942 - Due to the wartime demands, the U.S. Government begins civilian gasoline rationing
- 1942 - The deportation of Jews from the Warsaw ghetto in Poland begins
- 1944 - Communist rules begins in Poland with the publishing of the manifesto by the Polish committee of National Liberation
- 1946 - The King David Hotel is bombed in Jerusalem by the Irgun resulting in 91 deaths
- 1962 - The Mariner 1 spacecraft has to be destroyed when it flies erratically after launch
- 1992 - Columbian drug lord Pablo Escobar escapes from his prison near Medellin
- 1993 - The levees near Kaskaskia, Illinois rupture, forcing the town to evacuated by barges operated by the Army Corps of Engineers
- 2011 - Norway is the victim of twin terrorist attacks
- 2013 - Earthquakes in Dingxi, China kills 89 people and injures more than 500
This Day in Music
- 1893 - Katharine Lee Bates inspired by Pikes Peak near Colorado Springs, CO writes America the Beautiful
- 1971 - L.A. Woman by The Doors is certified Gold
- 1972 - Join Together by The Who is released
- 2014 - Back to the Shack is released by Weezer (video below)
This Day in Sports
- 1894 - The first ever motor race is held in France between the cities of Paris and Rouen
- 1923 - Walter Johnson becomes the first to strikeout 3,000
- 1990 - American Greg LeMond wins his third Tour de France race
Word of the Day from Wiktionary
1. (music) A poem or song having a line or phrase repeated at regular intervals.
Wishing You a Great Day Today!
Solo Build It, or SBI, is the awesome E-Business software that we are using for this site!
Like this Page?
Like this Site?