Holidays and Observances
2021 Daily Holidays that fall on June 11, include:
- Corn on the Cob Day
- Cousteau Day
- Dirty Book Day
- Kamehameha Day - Public Holiday in the State of Hawaii - June 11, 2021 (June 11th except when it falls on the weekend)
- National Cotton Candy Day - (was December 7)
- National German Chocolate Cake Day
- National Making Life Beautiful Day
2021 Weekly Holidays that include June 11, are:
- America The Beautiful Week - June 6-12, 2021 (First Full Week of June)
- Bed Bug Awareness Week - June 6-12, 2021
- Canadian Environment Week - June 6-12, 2021 (First Full Week in June)
- Community Health Improvement Week (CHI) - June 6-12, 2021
- End Mountain Top Removal Week - June 6-12, 2021 (First Full Week of June)
- Great American Brass Band Week - June 10-13, 2021
- Healthcare Executives Appreciation Week - June 6-12, 2021 (First Full Week of June)
- International Clothesline Week - June 5-12, 2021 (starts on the first Saturday in June)
- National Automotive Service Professional Week - June 6-12, 2021 (Week with June 12th in it)
- National Body Piercing Week - June 6-11, 2021
- National Business Etiquette Week - June 6-12, 2021 (First Full Week of June)
- National Commuter Challenge - June 6-12, 2021 (Week Long event during the Canadian Environment Week)
- National Fishing & Boating Week - June 5-13, 2021 (Starting the first Saturday in June and running for 9 days)
- National Fragrance Week - June 6-12, 2021 (First Full Week of June)
- National Garden Week - June 6-12, 2021 (First Full Week of June)
- National Headache Awareness Week - June 6-12, 2021 (First Full Week of June)
- National Lemonade Days - June 5-12, 2021
- Pet Appreciation Week - June 6-12, 2021 (First Week in June)
- Poultry Days - June 11-13, 2021
- Prepare Tomorrow's Parents Month - May 9 - June 20, 2021
- Shampoo Week - June 7-13
- Superman Week - June 10-13, 2021
- Teacher Thank You Week - June 6-12, 2021 (First Full Week of June)
2021 Monthly Holidays that include June 11, are:
There are too many monthly holidays to include here, so please check out our June Holidays page to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the entire month of June.
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I'll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
The Astrological Sign for June 11 is Gemini.
Birth Flower of the Month
The Birth Flower(s) for the Month of June are:
- The Rose which is the most popular flower in the world, symbolizes love and appreciation!
- Honesuckle which signifies a strong symbol for the everlasting bonds of love.
The Birthstone(s) for June is:
- Pearls which have been popular in jewelry for centuries because of their natural beauty.
- Alexandrite gemstones are extremely rate and change color based on the lighting
- 1456 - Anne Neville, wife of Richard III of England (d. 1485)
- 1910 - Jacques Cousteau, French oceanic explorer, author, and inventor (d. 1997)
- 1933- Gene Wilder, American actor, director, and screenwriter
- 1937 - Chad Everett, American actor (Medical Center) (d. 2012)
- 1945 - Adrienne Barbeau, American actress and author (Maude)
- 1956 - Joe Montana, American football player
- 1959 - Hugh Laurie, English actor, singer, and screenwriter (House)
- 1969 - Peter Dinklage, American actor (Games of Thrones)
- 1941 - Daniel Carter Beard, American author and illustrator, founded the Boy Scouts of America (b. 1850)
- 1979 - John Wayne, American actor, director, and producer (True Grit) (b. 1907)
- 1985 - Karen Ann Quinlan, American comatose patient in right to die case (b. 1954)
- 1993 - Ray Sharkey, American actor (Wiseguy) (b. 1952)
Famous Weddings and Divorces
- 1509 - King Henry VIII marries his first wife, Catherine of Aragon
- 2002 - Musician, singer, songwriter Paul McCartney (The Beatles) marries his second wife model and anti-landmines campaigner Heather Mills
- 2005 - Actress Alicia Silverstone marries musician Christopher Jarecki
Quote of the Day
Happy Birthday Joe Montana! Born on June 11, 1956
Recipe of the Day or a
Healthy Diet Habit Tip of the Day
Are YOU a Sneak Eater? What does it mean to be a Sneak Eater? What are the characteristics of a Sneak Eater? Find Tips on how to stop being a Sneak Eater.
To find out more about the Food Disorder of Sneak Eating, please check out the information from Kerry of Healthy Diet Habits. (link goes to her website)
This Day in History
- 1770 - British explorer Captain James Cook discovers the Great Barrier Reef off of Australia after he runs aground on the reef.
- 1901 - New Zealand annexes the Cook Islands
- 1944 - The USS Missouri (BB-63), the last battleship built by the United States Navy is commissioned
- 1962 - Three men, brothers John and Clarence Anglin and Frank Morris, become the only prisoners to escape from the prison on Alcatraz Island in San Francisco Bay
- 1962 - U.S. President John Kennedy accepts an honorary degree from Yale
- 1963 - A Buddhist monk, Thich Quang Duc who is protesting the lack of religious freedom in South Vietnam, burns himself with gasoline in a busy Saigon intersection
- 1963 - John F. Kennedy proposes the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and says that segregation is morally wrong and that it is time to act
- 1970 - Two females, Anna Mae Hays and Elizabeth P. Hoisington become the first females to receive their ranks as U.S. Army Generals
- 1981 - A 6.9 magnitude earthquake in Iran, kills at least 2,000
- 1998 - Compaq Computer buys Digital Equipment Corporation for $9 billion
- 2001 - Timothy McVeigh is executed for the bombing in Oklahoma City
- 2004 - Ronald Reagan's funeral is held at Washington National Cathedral
- 2012 - Two earthquakes strike norther Afghanistan and cause a large landslide, trapping 71 people
- 2018 - 3 World Trade Center in New York City officially opens
This Day in Music
- 1964 - Do Wah Diddy diddy Dum Diddy Do is recorded by Manfred Mann
- 1966 - Paint It, Black by the Rolling Stones hits #1
- 1966 - Sloop John B by the Beach Boys hits #1 in the UK
- 1969 - The Ballad of John & Yoko by The Beatles hits #1 in the UK
- 1969 - Space Oddity is released by David Bowie
- 1976 - The Rock & Roll Music Album is released in the US by The Beatles
- 1976 - Play That Funky Music by Wild Cherry is released
- 1977 - I'm Your Boogie Man by KC & the Sunshine Band hits #1
- 1986 - Always Something There to Remind Me by Naked Eyes hits #8 (video above)
This Day in Sports
- 1919 - The first horse to win the Triple Crown is Sir Barton after he wins the Belmont Stakes
- 1955 - Le Mans race car accident between an Austin-Healey and a Mercedes Benz kills 3 spectators and injures 100 more. The Race continues!
- 1967 - A. J. Foyt & Dan Gurney win the Le Mans car race with a Ford
- 1978 - Bjorn Borg wins the French Open Title
- 1985 - Von Hayes hits 2 home runs in an inning
- 1992 - The US Olympic baseball team plays their 1st exhibition game and beats Venezuela 20-0
Word of the Day from Wiktionary
Piece Together (verb)
1. To physically assemble (or reassemble) from fragments or pieces.
2. (figuratively) To reconstruct an event or goal from incomplete or flawed elements.
Wishing You a Great Day Today!
Solo Build It, or SBI, is the awesome E-Business software that we are using for this site!
Like this Page?
Like this Site?