Holidays and Observances
2017 Daily Holidays that fall on June 18, include:
- Family Awareness Day - June 18, 2017 (Third Sunday in June)
- Father's Day - June 18, 2017 (Third Sunday in June)
- Go Fishing Day
- Husband Caregiver Day - June 18, 2017 (Same Day as Father's Day each year - Third Sunday in June)
- International Panic Day
- International Picnic Day
- International Sushi Day
- National Cheesemaker's Day
- National Cherry Tart Day
- National Splurge Day
2017 Weekly Holidays that include June 18, are:
- Animal Rights Awareness Week - June 18-24, 2017 (Third Week in June)
- Dollars Against Diabetes Days - June 17-18, 2017 (Father's Day Weekend)
- Meet a Mate Week - June 18-24, 2017
- National Hermit Week - June 13-20
- National Lightning Safety Awareness Week - June 18-24, 2017 (Last Full Week of June)
- National Little League Baseball Week - June 12-18, 2017 (Week beginning on the Second Monday in June)
- National Nursing Assistants Week - June 15-22, 2017
- Old Time Fiddlers Week - June 18-24, 2017 (Third Full Week in June)
- Ramadan - Evening of May 26, 2017 - Evening of June 25, 2017 (Dates may vary depending on location) - (Muslim Holiday)
- Universal Father's Week - June 18-24, 2017
- Worldwide Knit (and Crotchet) in Public Week - June 11-19, 2016
2016 Monthly Holidays that include June 18, are:
There are too many monthly holidays to include here, so please check out our June Holidays page to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the entire month of June.
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I'll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
World Festivals and Events
- Expo 2017 - Universal Exposition held between June 10 and September 10, 2017 in Astana, Kazakhstan.
- US Open Golf Championship - June 15-18, 2017
- America's Cup - Finals: June 17-18, 2017 and June 24-27, 2017
The Astrological Sign for June 18 is Gemini.
Birth Flower of the Month
The Birth Flower(s) for the Month of June are:
- The Rose which is the most popular flower in the world, symbolizes love and appreciation!
- Honesuckle which signifies a strong symbol for the everlasting bonds of love.
The Birthstone(s) for June is:
- Pearls which have been popular in jewelry for centuries because of their natural beauty.
- Alexandrite gemstones are extremely rate and change color based on the lighting
- 1942 - Roger Ebert, American Film critic, journalist and screenwriter (d. 2013)
- 1942 - Paul McCartner, Engish musician, songwriter and member of The Beatles
- 1952 - Isabella Rossellini, Italian model and actress (Blue Velvet)
- 1966 - Kurt Browning, Canadian figure skater
- 1976 - Blake Shelton, American country music singer, judge of The Voice
- 1986 - Frances Scott Fitzgerald, American Journalist and author, daughter of F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre (b. 1921)
Famous Weddings and Divorces
- 1953 - Civil rights activist Martin Luther King Jr. marries singer and fellow activist Coretta Scott
- 1965 - Actress and singer Rita Morena marries cardiologist Leonard Gordon
- 2011 - Charles Spencer, the brother of Princess Diana marries Canadian Karen Gordon
Quote of the Day
Recipe of the Day or a
Healthy Diet Habit Tip of the Day
Info. to come!
This Day in History
- 1429 - Joan of Arc leads French forces in a defeat of the main English Army led by Sir John Fastolf at the Battle of Patay.
- 1767 - Samuel Wallis, and English sea captain is considered the first European to reach Tahiti
- 1778 - British troops abandon Philadelphia, Pennsylvania during the American Revolutionary War
- 1812 - The War of 1812 begins as the U.S. Congress declares war against Britain, Canada, and Ireland
- 1815 - During the Battle of Waterloo, Napeoleon Bonaparte is defeated by British forces led by the Duke of Wellington
- 1873 - Susan B. Anthony is fined $100 for trying to vote for President in the 1872 presidential election
- 1892 - Macadamia nuts are planted in Hawaii for the first time
- 1928 - American aviator Amelia Earhart becomes the 1st woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean (as a passenger)
- 1953 - A USAF C-124 crashes near Tokyo killing 129 servicemen
- 1972 - A BEA Trident crashes two minutes after take off from London's Heathrow Airport killing 118
- 1981 - The first aircraft designed around stealth technology, the Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk makes its first flight
- 1983 - Astronaut Sally Ride becomes the first American Woman in Space on the STS-7
- 1996 - The suspected Unabomber, serial murderer and domestic terrorist, Ted Kaczynski is indicted on ten criminal counts
This Day in Music
- 1967 - The last day of the 3 day Monterey International Pop Festival in California
- 1976 - OLE ELO by Electric Light Orchestra is certified Gold
- 1977 - Dreams by Fleetwood Mac hits #1 on the billboard singles chart
- 1976 - ABBA performs for Sweden's King, the night before his wedding
- 1984 - Rhinestone, the Dolly Parton movie is released
Happy Birthday to Paul McCartney!
This Day in Sports
- 1898 - Fred Herd shoots a 328 to win the 4th U.S. Golf Open
- 1906 - British Isles beats USA in Wimbledon (5-0) in the 6th Davis Cup
- 1927 - Paavo Nurmi who is nicknamed the "Flying Finn" runs the world record 2000 m. 5:24.6
- 1938 - Baseball legend Babe Ruth is signed as a Dodgers coach
- 1941 - Boxer Joe Louis KO's Billy Conn in 13 for the World Heavyweight boxing title
- 1960 - Arnold Palmer shoots 280 to win the 60th US Golf Open
- 1967 - Jack Nicklaus shoots 274 to win the 67th US Golf Open
- 1972 - Jack Nicklaus shoots 290 to win the 72nd US Golf Open
- 1986 - Don Sutton becomes the 19th pitcher to win 300 games
- 2000 - Tiger Woods shoots 272 to win the 100th US Golf Open
Word of the Day from Wiktionary
1. An artistic technique developed during the Renaissance, referring to the use of exaggerated light contrasts in order to create the illusion of volume.
Wishing You a Great Day Today!
SBI, or Solo Build It, is the awesome E-Business software that we are using for this site!