Holidays and Observances
2022 Daily Holidays that fall on May 21, include:
- American Red Cross Founder's Day
- Armed Forces Day - May 21, 2022 (Third Saturday in May)
- Culture Freedom Day - May 21, 2022 (Third Saturday in May)
- Do Dah Day (Salute to Silliness) - May 21, 2022 (Third Saturday in May)
- End of the World or Rapture Party Day
- I Need a Patch for That Day
- International Heritage Breeds Day - May 21, 2022 (Saturday of Third Full Week in May)
- International Tea Day
- National Heritage Breeds Day - May 21, 2022 (Saturday of Third Full Week in May)
- National Learn to Swim Day - May 21, 2022 (Third Saturday of May - week before Memorial Day)
- National Memo Day
- National River Cleanup Day - May 21, 2022 (Third Saturday in May)
- National Strawberries and Cream Day
- National Waiters and Waitresses Day
- Plant a Lemon Tree Day - May 21, 2022 (Third Saturday in May)
- Sister Maria Hummel Day
- World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development
- World Fiddle Day - May 21, 2022 (Third Saturday in May)
- World Whiskey Day - May 21, 2022 (Third Saturday in May)
2022 Weekly Holidays that include May 21, are:
- American Craft Beer Week - May 16-22, 2022
- Armed Forces Week - May 15-21, 2022 (Week prior to Armed Forces Day, the Third Sunday in May)
- Emergency Medical Services Week (EMS) - May 15-21, 2022 (Third Full Week in May)
- Frog Jumping Jubilee Day (Calaveras County, CA) - May 19-22, 2022
- Healthcare Documentation Integrity Week - May 15-21, 2022 (Third Week in May) (Formerly named National Medical Transcription Week)
- International Coaching Week - May 16-22, 2022
- International Heritage Breeds Week - May 15-21, 2022 (Third Week of May)
- Medical Transcriptionist Week - May 15-21, 2022 (Third Week in May)
- National Bike to Work Week - May 15-21, 2022
- National Eosinophil Awareness Week - May 15-21, 2022 (Third Week in May)
- National Foul Ball Week - May 16-21
- National Heritage Breeds Week - May 15-21, 2022 (Third Full Week in May)
- National New Friends, Old Friends - May 15-21, 2022 (Third Week in May)
- National Police Week - May 15-21, 2022 (Third Full Week in May)
- National Safe Boating Week - May 21-27, 2022 (Week Before Memorial Day)
- National Transportation Week - May 15-21, 2022 (Always has Third Friday in May)
- National Unicycle Week - May 15-21, 2022 (Begins on Third Sunday in May)
- National Vegetarian Awareness Week - May 16-22, 2022
- Prepare Tomorrow's Parents Month - May 8 - June 19, 2022 (Mother's Day to Father's Day)
- World Trade Week - May 15-21, 2022 (Third Week in May)
2022 Monthly Holidays that include May 21, are:
There are too many monthly holidays to include here, so please check out our May Holidays page to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the entire month of May.
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I'll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
World Festivals and Events
- Cannes International Film Festival - May 17-28, 2022 in Cannes, France is the most prestigious and most publicized film festival in the World.
- PGA Championship - May 19-22, 2022
- Preakness Stakes - May 21, 2022 at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, MD. (Third Saturday in May)
The Astrological Sign for May 21 is Gemini.
Birth Flower of the Month
The Birth Flower(s) for the Month for May are:
- The Lily of the Valley - Humility, Chastity and Sweetness - signifies a return to happiness
The Birthstone(s) for May is the Emerald which is a symbol of rebirth and is believed to grant the owner foresight, good fortune, and youth.
- 1898 - Armand Hammer - American businessman who founded Occidental Petroleum (d. 1990)
- 2013 - Leaonard Marsh, American businessman who co-founded Snapple (b. 1933)
Famous Weddings and Divorces
- 1998 - Model Cindy Crawford marries restaurateur Rande Gerber on Paradise Island in the Bahamas
- 1999 - NFL player Deion Sanders marries model Pilar Biggers on Paradise Island in the Bahamas
Quote of the Day
Recipe of the Day or a
Healthy Diet Habit Tip of the Day
Information coming shortly!
This Day in History
- 1856 - Pro-slavery forces captured and burned Lawrence, Kansas
- 1863 - The Seventh-day Adventist Church is organized in Battle Creek, Michigan
- 1881 - Clara Barton establishes the American Red Cross in Washington, D.C.
- 1927 - Charles Lindbergh completes the world's first solo nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean
- 1934 - Oskaloosa, Iowa is the first municipality in the US to fingerprint all of its citizens
- 1980 - Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back is released
- 2005 - Kingda Ka, the tallest roller coaster in the world opens at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson Township, New Jersey
- 2014 - The National September 11 Museum opens to the public
- 2017 - Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus performs their final show
This Day in Music
- 1964 - Under The Boardwalk is recorded by The Drifters
- 1977 - Rumours by Fleetwood Mac becomes the #1 album
- 1983 - Gimme All Your Lovin by ZZ Top is released on video
- 1992 - Johnny Carson's last guest on The Tonight Show is Bette Midler
- 1994 - All-4-One covers I Swear by John Michael Montgomery and it hits #1 on the Hot 100 (shown below)
This Day in Sports
- 1819 - 1st bicycles in the US introduced in New York City
- 1881 - The US Nation Lawn Tennis Association forms
- 1930 - Babe Ruth of the NY Yankees hits 3 consecutive HRs
Word of the Day from Wiktionary
1. A sudden heavy rainstorm.
Wishing You a Great Day Today!
Solo Build It, or SBI, is the awesome E-Business software that we are using for this site!
Like this Page?
Like this Site?