Holidays and Observances
2019 Daily Holidays that fall on May 21, include:
- End of the World or Rapture Party Day
- National Strawberries and Cream Day
- National Waiters and Waitresses Day
- World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development
2019 Weekly Holidays that include May 21, are:
- Brain Injury Awareness Week - May 20-26, 2019
- Emergency Medical Services Week (EMS) - May 19-25, 2019
- Healthy and Safe Swimming Week - May 20-25, 2019 (Week before Memorial Day Mon-Sat)
- International Heritage Breeds Week - May 19-25, 2019 (Third Week of May)
- Medical Transcriptionist Week - May 19-25, 2019 (Third Week in May)
- National Backyard Games Week - May 20-27, 2019 (Week before Memorial Day)
- National Bike to Work Week - May 20-24, 2019 (Third Full M-F Week in May)
- National Eosinophil Awareness Week - May 19-25, 2019 (Third Week in May)
- National Foul Ball Week - May 16-21
- National Heritage Breeds Week - May 19-25, 2019 (Third Full Week in May)
- National New Friends, Old Friends - May 19-25, 2019 (Third Week in May)
- National Safe Boating Week - May 18-24, 2019 (Week Before Memorial Day)
- National Unicycle Week - May 19-25, 2019 (Begins on Third Sunday in May)
- Older Americans Mental Health Week - May 19-25, 2019 (Last Full Week in May)
- Ramadan - Evening of May 5, 2019 to Evening of June 4, 2019 (Dates may vary depending on location) - (Muslim Holiday)
- Schizophrenia Awareness Week - May 20-27, 2019
- World Schizophrenia Awareness Week - May 19-26, 2019
- World Trade Week - May 19-25, 2019 (Third Week in May)
2019 Monthly Holidays that include May 21, are:
There are too many monthly holidays to include here, so please check out our May Holidays page to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the entire month of May.
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I'll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
World Festivals and Events
- Cannes International Film Festival - May 15-26, 2019 in Cannes, France is the most prestigious and most publicized film festival in the World.
The Astrological Sign for May 21 is Gemini.
Birth Flower of the Month
The Birth Flower(s) for the Month for May are:
- The Lily of the Valley - Humility, Chastity and Sweetness - signifies a return to happiness
The Birthstone(s) for May is the Emerald which is a symbol of rebirth and is believed to grant the owner foresight, good fortune, and youth.
- 1898 - Armand Hammer - American businessman who founded Occidental Petroleum (d. 1990)
- 2013 - Leaonard Marsh, American businessman who co-founded Snapple (b. 1933)
Famous Weddings and Divorces
- 1998 - Model Cindy Crawford marries restaurateur Rande Gerber on Paradise Island in the Bahamas
- 1999 - NFL player Deion Sanders marries model Pilar Biggers on Paradise Island in the Bahamas
Quote of the Day
Recipe of the Day or a
Healthy Diet Habit Tip of the Day
Information coming shortly!
This Day in History
- 1856 - Pro-slavery forces captured and burned Lawrence, Kansas
- 1863 - The Seventh-day Adventist Church is organized in Battle Creek, Michigan
- 1881 - Clara Barton establishes the American Red Cross in Washington, D.C.
- 1927 - Charles Lindbergh completes the world's first solo nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean
- 1934 - Oskaloosa, Iowa is the first municipality in the US to fingerprint all of its citizens
- 1980 - Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back is released
- 2005 - Kingda Ka, the tallest roller coaster in the world opens at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson Township, New Jersey
- 2014 - The National September 11 Museum opens to the public
This Day in Music
- 1964 - Under The Boardwalk is recorded by The Drifters
- 1977 - Rumours by Fleetwood Mac becomes the #1 album
- 1983 - Gimme All Your Lovin by ZZ Top is released on video
- 1992 - Johnny Carson's last guest on The Tonight Show is Bette Midler
- 1994 - All-4-One covers I Swear by John Michael Montgomery and it hits #1 on the Hot 100 (shown below)
This Day in Sports
- 1819 - 1st bicycles in the US introduced in New York City
- 1881 - The US Nation Lawn Tennis Association forms
- 1930 - Babe Ruth of the NY Yankees hits 3 consecutive HRs
Word of the Day from Wiktionary
1. A sudden heavy rainstorm.
Wishing You a Great Day Today!
Solo Build It, or SBI, is the awesome E-Business software that we are using for this site!