Holidays and Observances
2023 Daily Holidays that fall on May 22, include:
- Bitcoin Pizza Day
- Canadian Immigrants Day
- Harvey Milk Day (California)
- International Day for Biological Diversity
- National Buy a Musical Instrument Day
- National Maritime Day
- National Solitaire Day
- National Vanilla Pudding Day
- Sherlock Holmes Day
- Victoria Day - May 22, 2023 (Monday Prior to May 25th)
- World Goth Day
2023 Weekly Holidays that include May 22, are:
- Click It or Ticket Mobilization (Cover Memorial Day Weekend) - May 15 - June 4, 2023
- Emergency Medical Services Week (EMS) - May 21-27, 2023 (Third Full Week in May)
- Healthy and Safe Swimming Week - May 22-28, 2023 (Week before Memorial Day Mon-Sun)
- International Heritage Breeds Week - May 21-27, 2023 (Third Week of May)
- National Backyard Games Week - May 21-27, 2023 (Week before Memorial Day)
- National Heritage Breeds Week - May 21-27, 2023 (Third Full Week in May)
- National New Friends, Old Friends - May 21-27, 2023 (Third Week in May)
- National Safe Boating Week - May 21-27, 2023 (Week Before Memorial Day)
- National Unicycle Week - May 21-27, 2023 (Begins on Third Sunday in May)
- Older Americans Mental Health Week - May 21-27, 2023 (Last Full Week in May)
- Prepare Tomorrow's Parents Month - May 14 - June 18, 2023 (Mother's Day to Father's Day)
- World Schizophrenia Awareness Week - May 21-27, 2023
2023 Monthly Holidays that include May 22, are:
There are too many monthly holidays to include here, so please check out our May Holidays page to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the entire month of May.
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I'll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
World Festivals and Events
- Cannes International Film Festival - May 16-27, 2023 in Cannes, France is the most prestigious and most publicized film festival in the World.
The Astrological Sign for May 22 is Gemini.
Birth Flower of the Month
The Birth Flower(s) for the Month for May are:
- The Lily of the Valley - Humility, Chastity and Sweetness - signifies a return to happiness
The Birthstone(s) for May is the Emerald which is a symbol of rebirth and is believed to grant the owner foresight, good fortune, and youth.
- 1770 - Princess Elizabeth of the United Kingdom (d. 1840)
- 1907 - Laurence Olivier, English actor, director, and producer (Wuthering Heights, Rebecca) (d. 1989)
- 1930 - Harvey Milk, American lieutenant and politician (d. 1978) Harvey Milk Day is celebrated on this day in California
- 1950 - Bernie Taupin, English singer and songwriter who wrote most of Elton John's songs
- 1970 - Naomi Campbell, English model and actress
- 1979 - Maggie Q, American model and actress (Nikita, Divergent)
- 337 - Constantine the Great, Roman emperor (b. 272)
- 1802 - Martha Washington, American wife of George Washington who was the 1st First Lady of the United States (b. 1731)
Famous Weddings and Divorces
- 1980 - Actress Marlo Thomas marries Phil Donahue
- 2001 - Actress Jane Fonda divorces CNN founder Ted Turner
Quote of the Day
Imagine what this world be would, and how relationships would be, if everyone was a GIVER!
Recipe of the Day or a
Healthy Diet Habit Tip of the Day
Information will be coming shortly!
This Day in History
- 1807 - US Vice President Aaron Burr is indicted by a grand jury for treason
- 1849 - Prior becoming the US President, Abraham Lincoln is issued a patent for an invention to lift boats over obstacles in rivers
- 1872 - US President Ulysses S. Grant signs the Amnesty Act into law which restored full civil and political rights to all but about 500 Confederate sympathizers.
- 1900 - The Associated Press (AP) is formed in NYC as a non-profit news cooperative
- 1915 - Mt. Lassen erupts
- 1927 - An 8.3 magnitude earthquake hits near Xining, China causing 200K deaths
- 1960 - A 9.5 magnitude earthquake in southern Chile earns a record as the most powerful earthquake ever recorded
- 1962 - Continental Airlines Flight 11 crashes after bombs explode on board
- 1973 - US President Richard Nixon confesses his role in the Watergate scandal
- 2011 - Joplin, Missouri gets hit with an EF5 tornado that kills 162 people and does $2.8 billion in damages
- 2017 - US. President Donald Trump becomes the first sitting U.S. President to visit the Western Wall in Jerusalem
This Day in Music
- 1965 - Ticket To Ride by The Beatles' hits #1 in the US
- 1967 - The Monkees' release their third album Headquarters that has them performing their own instruments for the first time.
- 1968 - Young Girl from Gary Puckett & the Union Gap hits #1 in the UK (video below)
- 1971 - The Rolling Stones' album, Sticky Fingers hits #1 in the US
- 1976 - Silly Love Songs by Paul McCartney & Wings hits #1 in the US
- 2000 - Kiss This is released by Aaron Tippin
This Day in Sports
- 1987 - The Rugby World Cup starts for the first time in Auckland, New Zealand against Italy
- 1988 - Sherri Turner wins the 34th LPGA Championship
- 1990 - Andre Dawson receives a record 5 international walks in a game
- 1993 - Riddick Bowe wins Jesse Ferguson in 2 rounds for the heavyweight boxing title
Word of the Day from Wiktionary
1. Composure, self-possession or imperturbability especially when in a dangerous situation.
Wishing You a Great Day Today!
Solo Build It, or SBI, is the awesome E-Business software that we are using for this site!
Like this Page?
Like this Site?