Holidays and Observances
2021 Daily Holidays that fall on May 28, include:
- Amnesty International Day
- Carb Day - May 28, 2021
- Don't Fry Day - May 28, 2021 (Friday Before Memorial Day)
- European Neighbors' Day - May 28, 2021 (Last Friday in May)
- Heat Awareness Day - May 28, 2021
- International Hamburger Day
- Menstrual Hygiene Day
- National Brisket Day
- National Cooler Day - May 28, 2021
- National Death Busters Day - May 28, 2021 (Friday Before Memorial Day)
- National Road Trip Day - May 28, 2021
- National Title Track Day - May 28, 2021 (Fourth Friday in May)
- National Wig Out Day - May 28, 2021 (Friday before Memorial Day)
- Slugs Return From Capistrano Day
- Whooping Crane Day
2021 Weekly Holidays that include May 28, are:
- Ascension of Baha'uLlah - Evening of May 28 - Evening of May 29, 2021
- Black Single Parents Week - May 28 - June 3
- Healthy and Safe Swimming Week - May 24-30, 2021 (Week before Memorial Day Mon-Sun)
- Mudbug Madness Days - May 28-30, 2021 (Memorial Day Weekend)
- National Backyard Games Week - May 23-29, 2021 (Week before Memorial Day)
- National Polka Weekend - May 28-30, 2021 (Memorial Day Weekend)
- National Safe Boating Week - May 22-28, 2021 (Week Before Memorial Day)
- National Tire Safety Week - May 23-29, 2021 (Starts Week before Memorial Day Weekend)
- Old Time Player Piano Weekend - May 28-30, 2021 (Memorial Day Weekend)
- Older Americans Mental Health Week - May 23-28, 2021 (Last Full Week in May)
- Prepare Tomorrow's Parents Month - May 9 - June 20, 2021
- Week of Solidarity with the Peoples of Non Self-Governing Territories - May 25-31
2021 Monthly Holidays that include May 28, are:
There are too many monthly holidays to include here, so please check out our May Holidays page to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the entire month of May.
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I'll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
The Astrological Sign for May 28 is Gemini.
Birth Flower of the Month
The Birth Flower(s) for the Month for May are:
- The Lily of the Valley - Humility, Chastity and Sweetness - signifies a return to happiness
The Birthstone(s) for May is the Emerald which is a symbol of rebirth and is believed to grant the owner foresight, good fortune, and youth.
- 1908 - Ian Fleming, English journalist and author who created James Bond (d. 1964)
- 1944 - Rudy Giuliani, American lawyer and politician who served as the 107th Mayor of New York City
- 1944 - Gladys Knight, American singer, songwriter and actress who is known as the Empress of Soul
- 1945 - Patch Adams, American physician and author who founded the Gesundheit! Institute
- 1945 - John Fogerty, American singer, songwriter, producer who was the lead singer of Creedence Clearwater Survival
- 1968 - Kylie Minogue, Australian singer, songwriter, producer and actress
- 1787 - Leopold Mozart, Austrian violinist, composer, and conductor. Father and teacher of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (b. 1719)
- 1843 - Noah Webster, American lexicographer who published his first dictionary in 1806 (b. 1758)
- 2010 - Gary Coleman, American actor (Diff'rent Strokes) (b. 1968)
Famous Weddings and Divorces
- 1954 - Actor Kirk Douglas marries producer Ann Buydens
- 1959 - Muppeteer Jim Henson marries Jane Nebel
- 1988 - Actress Genie Francis (General Hospital) marries actor Jonathan Frakes (Star Trek TNG)
- 2011 - Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo marries Candice Crawford
Quote of the Day
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life! Be positive!
Recipe of the Day or a
Healthy Diet Habit Tip of the Day
info coming soon!
This Day in History
- 1830 - U.S. President Andrew Jackson signs the Indian Removal Act that relocates Native Americans
- 1892 - John Muir organizes the Sierra Club in San Francisco, CA
- 1937 - Volkswagen, the German automobile manufacturer is founded
- 1940 - During world War II, the battle of Belgium ends when Belgium surrenders to Nazi Germany
- 1952 - Women in Greece are granted the right to vote
- 1993 - Monaco and Eritrea join the United Nations
- 1999 - The Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci is put back on display in Milan, Italy, after 22 years of restoration work
- 2002 - NATO declares Russia a limited partner in the Western alliance
This Day in Music
- 1973 - Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man is the third #1 country hit by Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn
- 1975 - Stampede, the fifth album by The Doobie Brothers is certified Gold
- 1982 - Eye of The Tiger is the theme song for Rocky III that opens in theaters. Sylvester Stallone asked Chicago band Survivor to write and record the song for the movie
- 1983 - Flashdance...What a Feeling from Irene Cara, hits #1 (video below)
- 1988 - One More Try by George Michael hits #1 on the Hot 100 for the first of three weeks
- 2000 - The White Stripes perform on TV for the first time, on the Detroit Public Television series Backstage Pass
- 2007 - The Police launch their first tour in 1986 in Vancouver and go on to do 151 shows over the following year
This Day in Sports
- 1742 - Goodman's Fields, London opens the 1st indoor swimming pool
- 1907 - The first isle of Man TT race was held
- 1951 - Willie Mays get his first major league HR after going 0-for-12
- 1980 - Joe Darby does a standing long jump of 12'5"
- 2006 - Barry Bonds hits his 715th career HR, passing Babe Ruth on the all-time list
Word of the Day from Wiktionary
Crown Molding (noun)
1. (finish carpentry, interior decorating) A molding at the edge of a room between ceiling and wall.
Wishing You a Great Day Today!
Solo Build It, or SBI, is the awesome E-Business software that we are using for this site!
Like this Page?
Like this Site?