Holidays and Observances
2021 Daily Holidays that fall on May 29, include:
- Amateur Radio Military Appreciation Day (ARMAD) - May 29, 2021 (Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend)
- Composting Day
- End of the Middle Ages Day
- International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers
- International Jazz Day - May 29, 2021 (Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend) Also observed on April 30 each year
- Julia Pierpont Day - May 29, 2021 (Fourth Saturday in May)
- Learn About Composting Day
- National Biscuit Day
- National Coq Au Vin Day
- Paper Clip Day
- Pink Flamingo Day
- Put a Pillow on Your Fridge Day
- World Digestive Health Day
2021 Weekly Holidays that include May 29, are:
- Ascension of Baha'uLlah - Evening of May 28 - Evening of May 29, 2021
- Black Single Parents Week - May 28 - June 3
- Healthy and Safe Swimming Week - May 24-30, 2021 (Week before Memorial Day Mon-Sun)
- Mudbug Madness Days - May 28-30, 2021 (Memorial Day Weekend)
- National Backyard Games Week - May 23-29, 2021 (Week before Memorial Day)
- National Polka Weekend - May 28-30, 2021 (Memorial Day Weekend)
- National Tire Safety Week - May 23-29, 2021 (Starts Week before Memorial Day Weekend)
- Old Time Player Piano Weekend - May 28-30, 2021 (Memorial Day Weekend)
- Prepare Tomorrow's Parents Month - May 9 - June 20, 2021
- Week of Solidarity with the Peoples of Non Self-Governing Territories - May 25-31
2021 Monthly Holidays that include May 29, are:
There are too many monthly holidays to include here, so please check out our May Holidays page to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the entire month of May.
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I'll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
World Festivals and Events
- Invictus Games - May 29 - June 5, 2021
The Astrological Sign for May 29 is Gemini.
Birth Flower of the Month
The Birth Flower(s) for the Month for May are:
- The Lily of the Valley - Humility, Chastity and Sweetness - signifies a return to happiness
The Birthstone(s) for May is the Emerald which is a symbol of rebirth and is believed to grant the owner foresight, good fortune, and youth.
- 1736 - Patrick Henry, American lawyer and politician who was the 1st Governor of Virginia (d. 1799)
- 1903 - Bob Hope, English-American actor, singer, author, and producer (d. 2003 at the age of 100)
- 1917 - John F. Kennedy (JFK), American Navy lieutenant and politician who became the 35th President of the United States until his assassination on November 22, 1963
- 1956 - La Toya Jackson, American singer, songwriter, actress
- 1959 - Rupert Everett, English actor and novelist (My Best Friends Wedding)
- 1961 - Melissa Etheridge, American singer, songwriter
- 1866 - Winfield Scott (nicknamed Old Fuss and Feathers and The Grand Old Man of the Army), American General, lawyer, and politician (b. 1786)
- 1942 - John Barrymore, American actor (Hamlet) (b. 1882)
- 1997 - Jeffrey Scott Buckley, American singer, songwriter, guitarist, his cover of Leonard Cohen's song Hallelujah gave him a posthumously #1 hit (b. 1966)
- 2008 - Harvey Korman, American actor and comedian (The Danny Kay Show, The Carol Burnett Show) (b. 1927)
- 2010 - Dennis Hopper, American actor, director, artist, screenwriter (Easy Rider, Speed) (b. 1936)
Famous Weddings and Divorces
- 1952 - Country singer Hank Williams and Audrey Sheppard divorce for the second time
- 2010 - Country singer Shania Twain divorces music producer Robert Lange
Quote of the Day
Recipe of the Day or a
Healthy Diet Habit Tip of the Day
Info. coming soon!
This Day in History
- 1790 - Rhode Island is admitted as the 13th U.S. State
- 1848 - Wisconsin is admitted as the 30th U.S. State
- 1914 - The RMS Empress of Ireland sinks in the Gulf of Saint Lawrence and 1,012 people lose their lives.
- 1950 - The St. Roch arrives in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada after being the first ship to circumnavigate North America
- 1954 - First of the annual Bilderberg conferences
- 1988 - U.S. President Ronald Reagan travels to the Soviet Union for the first time to a superpower summit with Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev
- 1999 - The Space Shuttle Discovery completes it's first docking with the International Space State
- 2004 - The National World War II Memorial is dedicated in Washington D.C.
This Day in Music
- 1965 - Help Me, Rhonda by The Beach Boys hits #1
- 1971 - Brown Sugar by The Rolling Stones hit #1 on the Hot 100 chart and stays at the top for 2 weeks
- 1976 - Love Hangover by Diana Ross hits #1 in America
- 1984 - Private Dancer, the comeback album for Tina Turner is released
Jeff Buckley's cover of Leonard Cohen's song Hallelujah gave him a posthumously #1 hit in March 2008. Jeff died on this day in 1997 at the age of 30.
This Day in Sports
- 1953 - Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing Norgay became the first people to reach the summit of Mount Everest.
- 1985 - Steve Fonyo, who lost his left leg to cancer at age 12, completes a cross-Canada marathon after 14 months
- 2001 - Disabled golfer Casey Martin wins a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that allows him to use a golf cart to ride in tournaments
Word of the Day from Wiktionary
1. A short, witty, instructive saying; an aphorism or maxim.
Wishing You a Great Day Today!
Solo Build It, or SBI, is the awesome E-Business software that we are using for this site!
Like this Page?
Like this Site?