Holidays and Observances
2021 Daily Holidays that fall on May 30, include:
- Indianapolis 500 - May 30, 2021 (Sunday of Memorial Day weekend)
- International Hug Your Cat Day
- Loomis Day
- My Bucket's Got a Hole In It Day
- National Creativity Day
- National Mint Julep Day
- Neighbor Day - May 30, 2021 (Sunday before Memorial Day)
- Trinity Sunday - May 30, 2021
- Water a Flower Day
- World MS Day (Multiple Sclerosis)
2021 Weekly Holidays that include May 30, are:
- Black Single Parents Week - May 28 - June 3
- Healthy and Safe Swimming Week - May 24-30, 2021 (Week before Memorial Day Mon-Sun)
- Mudbug Madness Days - May 28-30, 2021 (Memorial Day Weekend)
- National African Violet Week - May 30 - June 6, 2021
- National Polka Weekend - May 28-30, 2021 (Memorial Day Weekend)
- Old Time Player Piano Weekend - May 28-30, 2021 (Memorial Day Weekend)
- Prepare Tomorrow's Parents Month - May 9 - June 20, 2021
- Week of Solidarity with the Peoples of Non Self-Governing Territories - May 25-31
2021 Monthly Holidays that include May 30, are:
There are too many monthly holidays to include here, so please check out our May Holidays page to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the entire month of May.
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I'll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
World Festivals and Events
- Indianapolis 500 - May 30, 2021 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, in Indianapolis, IN. The Indianapolis 500 is the world's most famous and prestigious auto race.
- Invictus Games - May 29 - June 5, 2021
The Astrological Sign for May 30 is Gemini.
Birth Flower of the Month
The Birth Flower(s) for the Month for May are:
- The Lily of the Valley - Humility, Chastity and Sweetness - signifies a return to happiness
The Birthstone(s) for May is the Emerald which is a symbol of rebirth and is believed to grant the owner foresight, good fortune, and youth.
- 1908 - Mel Blanc, American voice actor (The Bugs Bunny Show, Barney Rubble & Dino on The Flintstones)
- 1909 - Benny Goodman - American jazz and swing musician, clarinet player, and bandleader known as the "King of Swing"
- 1962 - Kevin Eastman, American author and illustrator who co-created the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- 1964 - Wynonna Judd, American singer, songwriter and actress (The Judds)
- 1431 - Joan of Arc, French martyr and saint (b. 1412)
- 1778 - Voltaire, French author and philosopher (b. 1694)
- 1911 - Milton Bradley, American businessman who founded the Milton Bradley Company (b. 1836)
- 1912 - Wilbur Wright, American pilot and businessman, who co-founded the Wright Company (b. 1867)
- 1947 - Georg von Trapp, Austrian Captain (The Sound of Music movie was based on his life story) (b. 1880)
Famous Weddings and Divorces
- 1966 - Country singer Dolly Parton marries Carl Dean
- 1992 - Singer Paul Simon marries singer Edie Brickell
Quote of the Day
Believe in Your Dreams! Set up an action plan to achieve them!
Recipe of the Day or a
Healthy Diet Habit Tip of the Day
Info. to come shortly!
This Day in History
- AD 70 - Titus and his Roman soldiers breach the Second Wall of Jerusalem forcing the Jewish defenders to retreat to the First Wall.
- 1431 - 19 year old Joan of Arch is burned at the stake in Rouen, France
- 1631 - The first French newspaper Gazette de France is published
- 1806 - Prior to becoming US President in 1829, Andrew Jackson kills Charles Dickinson in a duel
- 1854 - The US territories of kansas and Nebraska are established with the Kansas-Nebraska Act
- 1868 - Decoration Day is observed in the U.S. for the first time by a proclamation on May 5. This was a predecessor the our current Memorial Day
- 1922 - The Lincoln Memorial is dedicated in Washington D.C.
- 1948 - A dike on the Columbia River breaks and floods Vanport, Oregon within minutes, killing fifteen people and leaving tens of thousands homeless
- 1958 - The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is established in Arlington National Cemetery when the the remains of two American serviceman killed in action in World War II and the Korean War are buried
- 1959 - The Auckland Harbour Bridge in Auckland, New Zealand, is officially opened
- 1974 - The Airbus A300 aircraft enters service
This Day in Music
- 1964 - Love Me Do from The Beatles hits #1
- 1968 - The Beatles start recording their White Album
- 1970 - Everything is Beautiful by Ray Stevens hits #1
- 2000 - The Marshall Mathers LP, Eminem's second major-label album sells 1.76 million copies in its debut week, become the fastest-selling rap album ever
Paul Simon married on this day in 1992. This song of his "You Can Call Me Al", always cracked me up because of Chevy Chase in the video!
This Day in Sports
- 1894 - First person to hit 4 HRs in a baseball game is Bobby Lowe
- 1896 - The first car accident occurs in NYC when Henry Wells hits a cyclist
- 1911 - Ray Harroun becomes the first winner of the Indianapolis 500
- 1935 - The final game of Babe Ruth's career goes hitless for the Braves against Phillies
Word of the Day from Wiktionary
Have Van Gogh's ear for music (verb)
1. (humorous) To be tone-deaf.
Wishing You a Great Day Today!
Solo Build It, or SBI, is the awesome E-Business software that we are using for this site!
Like this Page?
Like this Site?